Hello there! It's another beautiful day here - cool, but sunny. I just put a pot of pansies on my front porch (thanks Mom!), and I feel like it's really here. Flowers and GREEN grass are just around the corner!

One of my favorite Spring time things to do is force forsythia into bloom, but I (just) realized I don't have a forsythia bush at our new home! Bummer! Thanks to my sister, who has a whole slew of forsythia lining her driveway, fear not! I just filled the trunk of my car with branches. When I got home, I put the long, lanky branches into a vase of water.

They look like H-E-double toothpicks to begin with, but within a couple of days, they'll be a mass of bright yellow blooms! Here they are looking less than beautiful, but give me a few days and I'll post what they look like in full force.


While I was at my sisters, I snapped this picture of their woods - how sweet is it with the daffs popping up all through the woods?


It was beautiful!

I got home and had a little time to myself, so I did a couple of tiny projects.  I looove finding time to whip up something decorative or crafty. 5 minutes works for me!

We have an old step stool, that my sister and I had as kids, that now my lil man uses to brush his teeth.  The wear and tear on the stool is genuine - no sanding involved - so I just stenciled his name. If I have to trip over it every day, it may as well look cute!


While I had the stencil stuff out, I stenciled a K onto a piece of scrapbook paper, framed it, and hung it in our little half-bath. I framed two other pieces of the paper and hung them too.


They're just 12"x12" frames, but they take up quite a bit of wall space once grouped together.

 
Over the past few months, there were a few inexpensive, easy projects I did in under an hour.
 
I love this little recipe frame. I printed up two recipes on some brown packing paper, and staple gun in hand, I went to work.  I just measured the frames and the ribbon, and stapled the ribbon right to the back of the frames.  I left about 3" at the top and bottom. To hang, I used Velcro! It hangs by my pantry. And since the recipes are family favorites, I love seeing them everyday.
 


The little man and I painted these little mirrors that have been kicking around for years. We just gave the mirror a coat of white paint, over some vinyl letters, let dry, and peeled off the letters.



I love decals! I bought these from Amazon, for about $5 each, just followed the directions.  The first decal perfectly describes my family, and it makes me happy.

 
The second one, well, you know, I like to laugh. 
 
 
 
For my utensils in the kitchen, this is a dollar store vase, filled with dried lentils. (My spices and herbs from a local Amish store, are just stacked and left by the oven, I like the colors - and why change the packaging when they look so pretty? 

 
Two pretty napkins found at Pier 1, hung on a tension rod in over our kitchen sink, took about 3.7 seconds to "make".  


 
 There are so many more! And so many more I want to do... What are some of your quick décor projects or ideas? I would love to hear them!

Have a wonderful day! I'm off, rake in hand, to get some fresh air!
 
Party Time:
 
Tuesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top