planting herbs, how to plant herbs, grow herbs



Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

Today I'm showing you a little idea that I got from Ms. Toody Goo Shoes. She made the most adorable little planters, which were used in a gorgeous centerpiece and then given as gift. And that gave me an idea! Go check out her planters (and while you're there, check out her Nutella Mousse Pie).

So, I had some tiny herbs, that I grew from seed, that I've struggling to keep alive in my windowsill. They were completely in need of a transplant, but all I had were huge window box planters. I did a search of the house and basement, but couldn't find anything suitable, or small enough. As luck would have it I was on the internet and came across Ms. Shoe's centerpiece.

That gave me the idea to use seperate cups for the individual herbs (I actually used candle holders) and keep them together on a tray.

I grabbed a tray and spray painted it black, and then grabbed the canndle holders.


planting herbs, how to plant herbs, grow herbs


I planted the basil, cilantro and oregano each into its own candle holder. (Okay, yeh, the herbs are a little scrawny, but have faith!) 

planting herbs, how to plant herbs, grow herbs

Next I added some rocks to the bottome of the tray. Just for fun. (I'm sure Mister Kit-e-Kat will have them all over the kitchen floor by tomorrow). 

planting herbs, how to plant herbs, grow herbs

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for them to G-R-O-W, so that I can eat them!

planting herbs, how to plant herbs, grow herbs

What do you have growing this summer? Do you grow your own herbs? 

Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above) 

If you would like to join in some fun link parties, head on over HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top