Although I'm sulking about the end of summer, it's time to suck in my pouting lower lip, and embrace the autumn. Nothing cheers me up like shopping, so I spent a little time on-line looking for a fall wreath, and found the following on Amazon:

fall wreath, DIY wreath, FALL craft

Nice, eh? LOVED the colors and the sunflowers, so I 
scrolled down to check out the price....

$189

Yes, I swear!  (I heard you collectively say, "NO?!")

BUT, I loved the colors, and I liked the silk leaves. So I stole a little inspiration, and decided to make my own. 

For under $10. 

Yes, way! (I heard you all say, "No way!") 

............Yeah, I need a nap. 

Anyway, let me break this down for you:
  • Grapevine 18" wreath ($4 at AC Moore, but I know they have them at dollar stores and sometimes Michael's for less)
  • Small piece of burlap scrap (free-ish)
  • 3 packages silk leaves ($3 total, 1$ each at the dollar store)
  • 1 bunch silk sunflowers ($1 at the dollar store) 
  • Hot glue (free-ish) 

fall wreath, DIY wreath, FALL craft

All I did was use the hot glue to adhere them to the grapevine, and voila!

What do you think?

Pinnable image (hint, hint) : 

fall wreath, DIY wreath, FALL craft

To hang, check out my post here.


So, honestly ~ would you ever spend $189 on a wreath? 


HEY! Please don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above) 

Also, if you would like to join in some fun link parties, click HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top